04 February 2013

Mid-Week Update

I know it's not Wednesday yet. Surprise!
I wanted to post a mid-week update this week because I've got some things going on.

I decided to weigh in on Sunday, just to see where I'm at, and according to my scale I'm at 211.9 - down a whole 4.1 pounds!  Now, I don't want to get too excited about that.  I mean, when I weigh in my set up is the same - I'm as naked as a newborn, there's no food in my tummy and I've used the loo.  Am I skewing the results a little? Probably, but as long as all that remains the same every time I weigh in, I'm not going to worry about inconsistent weigh ins.

Moving on, that was really exciting news.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much because my "official" weigh in day isn't until Wednesday (in 2 days).  I'm hoping that this same weight (or more!) reflects in my Wednesday weigh in, but again, trying not to get too excited about it.

My goal for Feb. is to drop 5 pounds... if this is right I'm practically there already.  YAY. But not yay. Forget the yay. I'm trying not to get my hopes up haha.

The thing that has really helped me recently is a fun little app called "Lose It".  What I love about the app is that it gives me an overview of my day on the home screen and shows me a calorie budget.  This is probably the best way for me personally to look at my calories, because it tells me right up front how many I've consumed and how many more I can consume.  Here's a peek at last Saturday:



The pic on the left shows you the "home" screen - you can see I still have a LOT of calories left to eat (don't worry - I didn't starve myself!)  Then when you click on that segment of the home screen, it breaks it down. (see the pic on the right)  I burned 464 calories, so it subtracts that from my total eaten calories of 1,284.  I still ate almost my max of 1,465. 

The best part about this app? It's FREE. And it's totally sexy.  I love the food icons and how easy it is to add things in.  I do wish the food options had more selections for adding... for example, I can add almonds by the piece or the cup, but not by the ounce.  For some food items it can be challenging but it's actually been a lot easier for me.

And if I don't measure my food, I err on the side of more calories rather than less, that way I can ensure that I'm not over eating.  So if I put cheese on my salad but I don't measure it, I guess high on the measurement, using up more calories and making sure that I don't go over later.  Chances are good that the higher estimate is probably more accurate anyway.

I'm slowly getting back into working out again.  It's not as easy without my dedicated bootcamp, but I'm doing pretty OK going to the complex gym so far.  I'm trying to go every other day.

Another big bonus is that I got my boyfriend on board.  He downloaded the app and weighed in yesterday, and we're going to be each others support system.  I'm a little nervous because I think he'll loose weight a lot faster and easier than me, and that's always irritating (curse you, testosterone!) but I can't let it get me down.  I just have to focus on me and keep chugging along. 

So the big push is my HS reunion - 10 years.  So far it's going to be held the 2nd weekend in June, which gives me right about 4 months to get into great shape.  I know that I won't reach my goal weight by then, but I'm going to work hard and try to be in the best shape that I can be.  I've set my goal to be down 20 pounds by the reunion, which would put me at 195 pounds.  I've been there before, and as much as I'd like to be at 180 for my reunion, I have to be realistic.

Now, if I can drop 30 pounds and be at 185 for my reunion, that would be amazing.  It's only a few extra pounds a month, but we'll see. Again, I don't want to push too hard or set unrealistic goals, but I'm going to try as hard as I can.  It would truly be amazing if I could be in a size 14 for my HS reunion.  It's not the most important thing, and sure this is a selfish goal, but I think sometimes the selfish goals are the best ones and the ones we work the hardest for.

So that's that. I'll post my weigh in update on Wednesday and let ya'll know if I'm going to keep Wed as my weigh in or move it to Sunday. Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment