13 February 2013

Mid Week Check In

So my weigh-in days are now Sunday.
But I check in on Wednesdays to see if I'm on track. I know they say to only weigh in once a week and it can be too neurotic etc to weigh in more than once a week and the scale isn't everything and yadda yadda yadda.  I know all that, but I'm still weighing in on Wednesdays and Sundays.  Sunday is my official weigh in, though.

The main reason I'm doing it is to see how my weight fluctuates during the week. Am I typically higher on the weekends and lower mid week? What about shark week (AKA that time of the month)? So rest assured I'm not going crazy and I wont be weighing myself in twice a week for the rest of my life.

But on the weigh in front, good news!  Down 1 pound! Woo!  I was at 211.9, then for 2 weigh ins I was up to 212.4 (which is only a .5 difference), and now I'm down to 211.1!! Yeah!

I'm hoping that by Sunday I'll be down to 210.  How exciting would that be?! I've already lost my 5 pounds for February, and the month is only half over! Now, I don't expect that I'll loose another 5 pounds this month (even though that would be awesome!), but I don't think it's crazy to hope for 3 more.  Rounding it out to an even 8 pounds for the month of February would be a great start to my new, healthy lifestyle!  Besides, it's always good to be ahead of the game!

I'm also pleased to say that I worked out last night.  I'm not doing too great on consistency with workouts, so that's something to work on, but my eating has been spot on (most days).  I did 45 minutes of cardio last night and I'm planning on hitting the gym again tonight.

One thing I do need to focus on is getting more strength training in my routine.  I know I'm not great at it because it takes extra time and I'm not great at building those routines.  But I can easily add squats, push ups, lunges and a few other arm & ab work outs to my routine easily enough.  It doesn't have to be a complicated set of movements or a hard to remember exercise.  It can and should be simple and I can and should start slow.

My boyfriend is doing great on the eating front, too. He talked me out of pizza and keeping candy around the house for "after dinner treats" - I was so proud of him!  It's great having him on board with it, he really helps motivate me.  I just need to try to get him to work out more.  But it's the same with me, really. Eating on point, but not working out as much as we should.  We'll get there!  We're only 2 weeks in!

So this weekend he has 3 days off in a row, so I'm taking Monday off (President's day).  It'll be pretty great for us to both have a 3 day weekend together!  Pretty rare, too, since usually he only has 1 weekend day off with me.  I'm going to kidnap him one morning to go hiking, I think.  We haven't done that in a while and we could both use the exercise.  Plus it's supposed to be gorgeous this weekend! Mid 70's and sunny!  Can't beat that!

So the plan is to keep doing what I'm doing nutritionally, and add in more exercise.  I'm thinking I'd like to get a membership to a real gym again, since our apartment complex gym is small  We have quite a few machines: 3 treadmills, 2 bikes, 2 ellipticals, a ski machine, a 4-station weight bench, a ball and a full set of free weights... but it's all crammed into a tiny, tiny room.  Last night there were 7 people in there (including myself)... it's the most packed I've ever seen it.  

It could be the time of year (a lot of people setting New Years resolutions) or the time of day that I went... but man!  Normally it's me and maybe one or 2 other people.  So I'm going to give it a month or so and see if it get's any better.  If not, I'll consider finding a gym nearby.  The problem is that there AREN'T any gym's nearby.  The only gym between me and the office is ridiculously expensive, and the one my boyfriend goes to is a little bit of a drive, too.  But a lot of gym's have really good deals right now, so I don't want to wait too long to decide.

Anyway, that's that. More strength training, good eating, more working out.
Peace love & sunshine to you all, and happy Valentines day!

Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment