17 January 2013

Getting Back On Track... Again.

To say I haven't been good is an understatement.
I've been really, really bad.

I can't afford to continue to go to the bootcamp that I love (since the Groupon has expired), and without it to motivate me I feel like I've fallen back into my old bad habits and a rut. I can feel the weight slowly creeping back on.

Bad Aly, bad!

Anyway, I know I need to be better, so I'm going to fix it.  It's not that I've been eating terribly - I am on a spending fast this year, so no extra spending for me.  Which means no fast food.  Well, I gave myself 1 day per week when I can have 1 fast food meal.  It also means no eating in restaurants except for very rarely, which means I am making about 99% of my food.  It's hard, and time consuming, but good.

They say that weight loss happens in the kitchen, right?

But unfortunately it's not enough.  I'm not doing anything to move my body, so no matter how good I'm eating I'm not burning enough calories for it to make a difference.  Which puts me right back at square one.

I haven't even weighed myself in weeks because I'm terrified of what I'll see there.

So even though I haven't left work before 6pm this entire week (I normally work 7 - 4), and even though that will probably continue for at least the next week or so at work, and even though when I get home the last thing I want to do is workout, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Even if it's only 30 minutes on the elliptical, I am darn well going to do it.  And I'm going to gradually work my way up to 3 days a week of strength training, and jogging, even though I hate it.

It's been really cold here lately (colder in Phoenix than in Anchorage, Alaska!) so I don't plan on doing any out-door activities, but if I can get my butt in the complex gym 5 days a week for 30 minutes I'll be satisfied that I'm moving in the right direction.

Then, when the weather warms up again, I'll hit the hiking trails and take my beach cruiser out for a spin... minus the beach, of course.

it's all about perspective. I was looking at it like the end of the world, but it's not.  It's just another opportunity to improve, and darn it, that's what I'm going to do!

WIN THE DAY!
stay shiny, lurve me

No comments:

Post a Comment