06 December 2012

Weekly Weigh In #4 & Progress Report

So I haven't been the best about my blogging, I know.
Which sucks, but life happens, you know? So I can't beat myself up about it.

Before I get into what's been going on the last few weeks, lets start with my weight:
209

Better than the last time I weighed in (which was, I know, like 2 weeks or so ago), but it's not the progress I'd like to see.  Obviously I did not drop the 3 pounds I was hoping for in November, but December is a new month and things are already looking up.

November was probably the most stressful month I've ever experienced in the history of my life.  Primarily due to work.  My boss is pregnant (she just told us yesterday, though we've guessed for a while) and she's been cranky and bitchy for almost 2 months now.  Her hormones are all out of whack and she's putting on weight everywhere and she's taking it out on us.  Plus, she's stressed because she just got a new boss... a new boss who she also happens to be really good friends with.  So it's a big adjustment for her, since she's a "fly by the seat of her pants" type person and her new boss is a strict planner.

So my boss being super stressed out and crazed on pregnancy hormones took it out on us (primarily me) and my life was intensely stressful for about a month. I was very close to quitting on several occasions - it was really that bad.

I didn't eat terribly, but I pretty much stopped working out, because I just didn't have the drive, energy or passion.  By the time I got home from work I was so exhausted from trying not to rage-quit or commit mass-murder that I couldn't bring myself to workout.

Needless to say, I did not run my 1/2 marathon.  But I did learn an important lesson: Running is not my "thing".  Part of the reason I couldn't bring myself to workout, even though I knew it would probably relieve some of my stress, was because I HATED the whole running thing.  I dreaded it. I was not thrilled about it in the least.  Try as I might to love it, nothing could convince me that what I was doing was making me happy.

So November is over, and let's talk about this month.  So far I've logged my food for 3 consecutive days.  Which is definitely a step in the right direction.  I also bought a Groupon for a Bootcamp (Zone Athletic Performance) and I basically love it.  

I went Monday & Tuesday, but by then my body was rebelling, so I took yesterday off.  It was really hard not to go, since I only have unlimited classes for a month (basically up to 6 classes a week if I went every day they were available).  I can only really attend 5 classes a week (because their last class on Friday is too early in the afternoon for me to make it), so I want to get the most out of my Groupon.  Plus, I really enjoy this one.  Like, way more than any of the other Bootcamps I've tried.

So tonight I'm going again, even though I'm still sore, but I'm excited about going, which is a huge deal!  I looked up their prices online, though, and unfortunately that is less than thrilling.  I can't afford this bootcamp without my Groupon, and this is the only Groupon I'll be able to use. 

My plan is to keep going throughout the month, let them see how dedicated I am, and then when I have about a week left, chat with them about prices and options.  Maybe they have some kind of discounted rate I can jump on.

I still have my LivingSocial deal for CrossFit, which I plan on using in January, so regardless I'll get at least 2 months of good, hard core workouts.  I'm hoping I'll be able to put some of my tax return $$ towards a bootcamp, but it depends on how much I get back.  I can't really afford a whole lot, as almost all of my paycheck goes towards bills (primarily student loans, rent and my car payment).

So there's the clincher.  I know I need a hardcore bootcamp like this in order to love what I'm doing for exercise and to succeed and finally loose this damn 60 pounds (now 69 pounds) I've been trying to loose for the last 3 years, but I can't afford to attend a class like this.  I don't know what to do, since I can't just get rid of my student loans or rent, and I need a car to get to work so no matter what I'll have a car payment.

Any ideas? 

Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment