07 November 2012

Week #2 - The Beat Goes On

It's that time again, Weekly Weigh In time.
Gotta say, not exactly happy with the results.

The official weight for this week is: 207.5

That's almost exactly 1lb heavier than last week! WTF?!  Granted: I'm SUPER insane bloated today (and yesterday).  Pretty sure it's from eating a 1/2 cup of beans, which I guess my body hates. Note to self: no more beans. Also: I did a really hard workout yesterday - speed training plus strength training.  It's the first time I've done speed training and I haven't regularly strength trained in a while so my body is definitely feeling the affects.

Neither of those are excuses, and I'm really bummed about it, but I get that weight fluctuates from week to week and day to day and even hour to hour.  It's nothing I can stop from happening, and who knows - I might be down 2 pounds next week.  We'll just have to wait and see.

It doesn't change the fact that I used to be 225 pounds (or more) and I'm now only 207. Which is a huge feat in itself.

Plus I had my biometric screening done today at work. Every year we have a health fair and they do biometric screenings - BMI, cholesterol, blood glucose and blood pressure.

My total cholesterol is 174 (healthy is less than 200)
HDL = 72 (healthy is greater than 60)
TC/HDL =  2.4 (healthy is less than 3.5)

What does all that mean? I have a lot of good cholesterol and low bad cholesterol and I'm eating healthy.

My blood glucose is 94 (non-fasting) - healthy is less than 140. For fasting, the healthy range would be 70 - 99, so I'm doing really good with my blood sugar levels.  No diabetes for me!

My blood pressure is 111 / 84 with a pulse of 73 bmp.  Normal is less than 120 / less than 80
so 80 is a little bit high, but the screener said that was totally normal - something as simple as walking or drinking coffee (both of which I've been doing) can affect that.

As usual, the only only category I failed in is my body composition. At 65 inches and 207 pounds I have a BMI of 34 - which is obese.  I'm glad that I'm overall healthy, but I need to fix that.  Which is what I'm taking steps to do.

So, an overview of the week:
I've done really well working out (not missing any workouts) and eating right. I have had a few extra pieces of candy than I should have, but I'm not overly worried about it.  I've been doing really good on not having soda, too.

I'm even getting better about writing down what I eat, though I'm not great at it yet.  It's an extra step that I loathe, so I just need to get in the habit.

Last night I did my 2 mile Tuesday and strength training, but more importantly I did speed intervals for 1 mile.  That was REALLY hard but I'm hoping that it will help me improve.  I plan on doing speed intervals every Tuesday and Saturday (except the Saturday before the race) for the rest of the month.  I'd love to finish in under 3 hours, but I'm not going to die if that doesn't happen. Mostly I just want to finish.

I also purchased a living social deal for Crossfit classes. 20 classes to be used within 30 days of the first class.  I'm really nervous because even though I really want to try Crossfit, it is something that scares the crap out of me.

I found a 2 week beginners Crossfit guide, so I plan on following that in December (just doing the 2 weeks on repeat) and then hopefully in January I'll be ready to sign up for the classes.  That would take care of my December & January fitness plans pretty nicely.

In other news:
Today is walking Wednesday.  Which means I'm kidnapping my boyfriend for 30 minutes or more to go for a nice walk this evening before dinner.  He really wants to get back in the habit of eating right and exercising, but he needs a little push.  I'm hoping this will help him (as well as help me!). 

And this weekend we're celebrating my best friends birthday, so Friday or Saturday night should be rife with alcoholic temptation.  I know I'll be able to resist, though, because a) I'll be driving and b) I have some long runs to do this weekend!

Stay shiny everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment