13 August 2012

Purely Paleo x3 Days!

Well, it’s been an interesting weekend.
Friday night, as I was cleaning furiously to get ready for my boyfriends return home (after 3 weeks in Georgia for training), the washer decided enough was enough and my bed-sheets have been stuck in there all weekend.  Seriously.  Basically the sheet is wrapped around under the base of the agitator and nothing I can do will remove it.  You need a special “key” to unscrew the agitator and I don’t have one, and our maintenance has been on loan to another apartment complex on Saturdays, so there was no one to come and fix it.  I have been assured that someone will be over first thing this morning to take a look at the washer.

So then I go pick up my boyfriend from the airport on Saturday, and that was great.  We ran errands, bought groceries, he unpacked (and fumed about the washer) and all was merry and good.  I started cooking purely Paleo and it was amazing.  More on that later, though.

Saturday night I tried to flush the toilet and nothing happened.  Come to find out the little plastic strip that connects the flush mechanism to the little doo-dad that controls the water release had snapped. Awesome.  So every time I’ve had to flush the toilet the last 2 days I’ve had to stick my hand in the tank. Ucky.  And a light bulb burned out in our bathroom. When it rains it pours, right?

So then Sunday comes along, and I’m making breakfast (Zucchini pancakes!) and Garen is terrified of the pancakes I’m making but vows to try one anyway, when I get a phone call.  It’s my Dad.  I figure I haven’t talked to him all week, he’s probably calling to check in.  But no.  My Grandma died.  My Dad’s parents are really the only Grandparents I’ve ever had.  My Mothers’ Mother is crazy and never bothered to write or call or anything and I only saw her one or two times in my life.  My Grandpa died a few years ago, and now my Grandma, and I’m pretty upset.  My poor Dad is super upset, too.  He said she was doing better earlier in the week and then… well.  The funeral is later this week. Garen and I are going to drive out to Albuquerque. I just hope it’s on Saturday so he can go.  I’m ok… I’m just sad.

It was not a terribly great weekend, with the exception of my eating habits.  I did work out on Sunday, prior to starting breakfast, so that’s a good thing, but other than that I sat around on my butt and cooked.

Speaking of cooking, let’s talk about my Paleo weekend, shall we?  I ate really, really well this weekend.  Saturday I made Pecan Sponge Cake for breakfast (it’s mostly egg) and had that with some real bacon.  I don’t remember what I made for lunch, but it was Paleo! I think it was just left overs.  Dinner, however, was awesome.  I made Czech-style Meatballs and faux-tatoes (cauliflower!).  Garen was not super impressed with the mashed cauliflower, but it won me over!  The Czech-style meatballs are delicious, as well.  I made some Moroccan dipping sauce and drizzled it on top and it was perfect.

For breakfast on Sunday I made Zucchini pancakes (basically egg and zucchini with a dash of coconut flour) and bacon.  Lunch was fun, too.  I made southern-style ribs for Garen with a smoky, spicy paleo sauce and I had left over meatballs and mashed cauliflower.  Dinner was my favorite meal, though.  Rogan Josh.  If you’ve never had it, I highly recommend it!  I couldn’t get lamb, so I made it with beef, and I baked some sliced Brussels sprouts and fennel, too.  It was my first time cooking with fennel so we had to look up a video on how to cut it.  haha.

All in all, awesome.  I have some killer left overs for this week so I’m pretty thrilled about that.  I’ve been eating purely Paleo for the last 3 days, and I feel great.  Tonight I’m going to go home and do some cardio and enjoy my boyfriend’s company.

Stay Shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment