05 March 2012

Dear Work: Seriously?

Work has been nuts. Just nuts.  I've been working 10 - 12 hour days for the last few weeks, and the days when I arrive and leave on time make me feel like I'm somehow shirking my responsibility... it's pretty awful.

I haven't been eating as great as I should be. I haven't been working out as I should be.  Basically, lately I feel like one big ball of fail.  I'm not, but I feel like one.

So I finally joined a gym.  That's right, I did it.  I've had gym memberships before, but when my favorite gym went bankrupt and L.A. Fitness bought them, I cancelled my membership, because I didn't want to be a member at LA fitness. That wasn't what I'd signed on for.  Then, for about the last year, I've been doing Groupons & Bootcamps, but I haven't found a place that's both affordable and fun.

Rock Star Boot Camp - which I really enjoyed - is just too expensive for me to do long term. So I broke down and joined a gym. I'm now a member at LifeTime Fitness and loving it. I can go to the gym after work, which is nice! Boot camp was just mon-fri at 6:30, so if I didn't get off work in time, I couldn't attend.  This way even if I get off work at 6:30, I can still get a great workout in.

I'm really excited about the gym and I've started a new eating regime, too. I'm looking forward to a healthier, happier, fitter me :)  I even tried my first spin class last week! It was intense (and my butt hurt for 3 days from the seat!) but really great.  I'm looking forward to trying out their rock wall and a few other awesome features over the next few weeks.  I've also gotten more into interval training, which is great because it'll really help my breathing and endurance.

Other than that, I've just been working.  Seriously. It's been a lot of work and not a lot of fun, but Europe is just around the corner! Whee! Hopefully work will chill out soon and my new workout & eating regime will start to pay off!

For now, I have to just keep staying positive and take it one day at a time. That's what it's all about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment