26 March 2012

40 Days & A Temporary Crown

As of today there are only 40 days until Europe. That's not very many days, actually. A little over a month, in fact.  Over the weekend I ordered a few extras (a towel, shampoo etc) and picked up my travel items... travel tooth paste, face wipes, floss etc. Thought I have to say, travel face wipes are a huge scam.  Sure, the packaging is smaller, but there's only like 10 of them in there, and they want about $2.50 for the package... you can buy a package of name-brand face cleansers for $4.50 and you get 25.  Serious rip off.  So I went with the larger package and I can always just put enough into a plastic bag to make it smaller, ya know?

I also broke in my shoes this weekend.  The boyfriend and I went for a nice walk on Sunday so I could break them in.  They're very comfortable, if not a little warm. I think I was wearing the wrong socks.  Socks... I need to get more socks... 

My workout on Saturday was killer, though.  I did curls on the ball, lunges, squats, push ups, more push ups and planks. Plus I jogged, and the day before I'd done 30 minutes (5,000 meters) on the row machine. Needless to say, I was VERY sore on Sunday. Very, very sore. So Active rest it was.

Today I won't make it to the gym.  I'm taking a day.  I have to go to the dentist and get a temporary crown put on.  I'm anticipating I'll eat lots of soup for the next 2 weeks... and shakes. Soups and Shakes. I love nuts and dried fruits and all kinds of foods that could potentially pop this sucker off my tooth, and let me tell you: that would be awful! I'm super paranoid that I'm going to pop it off when I'm eating something... Super, insane paranoid.

I have to live with the temporary crown for 2 weeks... I don't get my permanent one installed until the 18th. At least I'm getting it done before Europe! haha.

Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment