27 March 2012

39 Days + Owie.

So yesterday I had my temporary crown put on. Not. Fun.  They pumped me so full of Novocaine that I didn't feel anything, but they were in there for almost 2 hours. And I have a tiny mouth, so they were cranking me pretty far open to get all the way back to my last molar.  Plus they were trying to fit a bunch of equipment and like 3 hands in there.  Not cool.

On top of that, grinding away the back tooth revealed a cavity between the two teeth, which I got filled, and because my mouth is so small they had to file away the filling on the tooth above the tooth getting the crown to make room.

Once the Novocaine started to wear off I was a right mess.  I bit my tongue really hard and didn't realize it because it was numb, so that started to sting, plus my whole mouth hurt and my jaw and my head and I had a krick in my neck from the angle I was stuck at, plus I was stuck at work 2.5 hours late.  Yeah.

I was miserable yesterday, for sure.  My jaw still hurts today, and I still have a headache.  Plus, I'm totally paranoid about eating anything because I don't want to pop this temporary crown off... they're MEANT to come off. You know?  And my diet consists of a lot of the things the dentist said I should avoid... nuts, carrots, celery... crunchy things.  Salad is ok but it always gets stuck in my teeth... and if I floss the wrong way I could pop this temporary crown out! No thanks!

So I've decided to do a mostly liquid diet for the next 2 weeks.  It shall consist of soups and smoothies.  So far, so good.  I had a really yummy smoothie this morning that had vanilla protein powder, almond milk, ice, pineapple, blueberries and Kale. It was a lot better than I expected.  Last night all I could stomach for diner was chicken broth.  

I'm having a banana right now (because it's mushy enough) and for lunch I'm going to have tomato soup. Dinner tonight will either be another smoothie or some kind of chicken-broth soup. Maybe I can get the carrots super-duper mushy.... 

I also purchased enough protein shakes this morning for me to have one at work for the rest of the week.  I'll have to get more for the weekend and next week, but that's ok.  Plus, I'm drinking everything with a straw, and I have bendy straws so at least it's fun!

I have 39 days until Europe.  39 DAYS! Whee!  I'm thinking that at the very least my mostly liquid diet should at least help me lose some weight prior to the trip, and help me along in my goal of losing 10 pounds before May 5th.

I mean, really, it's about 5 weeks which is about 2 pounds a week, but I can't think of it like that or I'll get overwhelmed.  I have to think: 10 pounds in 39 days is SO doable! Because let's face it, 39 days seems like a lot longer than 5 weeks. Silly perception.

So, onward with the day and hopefully this week finishes much better than it started!  Stay Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment