10 January 2012

Bootcamp Report #1: That Wasn't So Bad

I may be singing a different tune tomorrow, but my overall feeling from boot camp last night was this: That Wasn't So Bad.

It was a large class in a tiny room so we had to do a lot of static movement.  I brought my 5lb weights, because I wasn't sure what to expect just yet and I didn't want to over estimate my abilities.  There are just some things I can't do with 10 or 15 lb weights yet.  Not that I have 15lb weights. Yet.

We did a lot of squat jumps (which I hate) and some crazy thing called like the Russian Sit Up or the Bulgarian Sit Up or something like that (Ray, the man with the plan, informed us that whenever we hear an exercises with a European denomination, we should be very afraid).  The core section was killer. At least it was at the end. It was a lot of crazy core movements I'm not used to.  And then the stretching at the end was "active"... I'm not quite used to that yet but I haven't decided if I like it or not. We'll see. 

There was a wide variety of people there: young, mature (not old, because that would be rude), men, women, fit and hoping to be fit.  It was nice to see such a diverse group.  The woman right next to me was probably in her late 30's or early 40's, and she was SUPER fit.  She was using 12lb weights the whole time and every time we did push ups (and boy did we do a lot of them) she did full on crazy push ups.  I was very impressed.

She was my Fitspiration.  Which lead me to this:


So true. Someday, I hope that I can be someone's Fitspiration.  I'd like to be in my late 30's or early 40's and be rockin' full on push ups and 12 pound weights for a workout like that.

Tonight I'm bringing my 5lbs and my 8lbs (because there are some things that I can use 8's for, and actually I'm considering bringing my 10's but I don't have a bag that will support them haha) and I'm really excited to see what tonight will bring.

Ray say's he's going to make the workouts really hard to discourage some people from going....because not everyone really wants to be there.  There was one woman who I wanted to smack.  She was there with her daughter, and she brought 3lb weights, and she complained the whole time.  She didn't even try.  I got the vibe that she just went because her daughter wanted her to, and so she could tell the girls at the country club that she was going to Boot Camp. PSHHHHH. 

I hope she drops out soon, because Ray had to put more time and effort into her than I think he should have, considering she just really didn't want to be there. 

But, anyway, boot camp was good, and I'm excited to go tonight.  Then I have Wednesday "off" and Thursday is another boot camp.  Friday I have "off" and Saturday I'm picking up my bountiful basket and hiking.  I'm not sure if I'll do a work out on Wednesday. I think I may go jogging. I don't want to push my knee too hard this first week, because if I got an injury this early in the year I would be soooooo mad.

I'm almost level 5 in Fitocracy, too! So psyched! I can't wait to see what kind of achievements I'll get and quests I'll complete!

And that's about that! Happy Fitness, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment