09 January 2012

Back In The Game

Ok, Ok. I know. You don't have to tell me twice. I've been AWFUL about blogging and AWFUL about working out and just, in general, AWFUL.  I get it, ok?

Here's the thing: work got nuts. I know, excuses. But when work is as crazy as it is, I just don't have any energy or time to blog. I just don't feel like it. And I don't want to come off as a Debbie Downer, either, so I just don't blog.

As for working out, I haven't been too bad about that.  I was down to 191 and I DID gain back about 3 pounds.  I was 194 pre-period, but now I'm back down to 193 and that's during period, so I'm hoping that by next week I'll be back to 191 =)

I'm working hard at workout out, so that's a plus.  This last weekend I went hiking, went for a 45 minute walk and biked for an hour -- all in just 2 days!

Also, this week my new boot camp starts!  It's called ULTIMATE BODY BOOT CAMP and I'm pretty psyched about it. Thank you, Groupon!  It's 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) for an hour (from 6 - 7pm).

In addition to the boot camp, I finally got my invite to FITOCRACY!  WHEE! I signed up over the weekend and I already LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  Seriously, it's amazing.  Basically, it's a fitness website where you "level up".  You can complete quests, compete in challenges and earn achievements.  It was started by gamers, and is kind of geared towards gamers, but I think a lot of people would find some enjoyment with the site.

It's really cool. I'm already at level 4. =) I'm very excited to level up as high as I can!  I've even completed my first quest... which is "Tour De Neighborhood" -- I biked for over 10 miles in one session (my 45 minute bike ride on Sunday was 14 miles).

I wish that you could see which quests were available to try to achieve them.  As it is, you just sort of get them from doing random things.  I'm curious about what other quests are out there. :)

Anyway, boot camp tonight is going to be great -- I hope!  For 4 weeks I'll go 3 days a week, (MTTh) then for 6 weeks I'll go 4 days a week (M-Th) to a different boot camp. Again I say, thank you Groupon!

In addition, I have some goals for 2012:
  • Wear a size 10
  • Eat 90% Paleo
  • Run a 1/2 Marathon
And yes, I know I have to update my measurement pages and photo. I'll get on it, I swear.

Happy 2012, everyone! let's kick some grass!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals for the new year! You weren't alone gaining a few pounds back, and I KNOW you'll be taking those off soon! You CAN do it!
    RyderB

    ReplyDelete