08 November 2011

Paleo: Week 2 + Sneaky Winter Weather

Well, it's official: it's winter.  I dislike being cold, but unfortunately it is that time of year.  And sure, we don't have it quite as bad in AZ as most places do.  It doesn't snow in the greater Phoenix area, and winter is generally "mild"... but there's something about that first cold snap of the year that just takes your breath away -- you know?

Working out at Rock Star boot camp tonight is going to be cold. I just know it.  I'll be wearing my signature long sleeve + short sleeve shirt combo and hopefully warming up fast.  Maybe I'll jog around the block first?

I'm pretty excited, though, because I get to wear my new kicks for the first time!! I bought shoes JUST for boot camps.  They're pretty sweet.



I'm also heading into week 2 of Paleo and I have to say, I'm loving it!  I don't really have any trouble picking out foods that fit within the diet, and I'm trying a lot of things that I otherwise might not.  It does mean that I have to cook more often than I generally like to, but I try to make big meals on the weekends so I have left overs for the week.

My current left overs are Ceviche and crock-pot pork loin.  I have a bunch of frozen pork loin, too.  There was so much of it! I love sales!  

The only thing I'm struggling with is trying to figure out the perfect afternoon snack.  I have breakfast around 5 or 5.30 am, which keeps me full until my AM snack, which is around 8.30 or 9am.  I have lunch around 11 or 11.30am and then my PM snack I usually eat around 2.30 pm... but I'm ALWAYS hungry by the time I get home at 4.30!  I inevitably eat something small before boot camp, or if I don't have boot camp I try to keep my mind off it until dinner at 5 or 6. I can't not eat before boot camp, though.  Anyway, I'm working on figuring out the perfect afternoon snack to keep me fueled and NOT HUNGRY until 6pm or so.

Though, I do have to say, I haven't been hungry in the evenings after dinner, which is nice.

Something I have to work on changing is my cardio habits.  I'm not really very good about doing cardio on the days when I don't have boot camp.  I need to be.  I usually hike once on the weekends, which is a great, calorie burning workout.  But on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I find myself... not.  This needs to change!!


With Nano going on, it's hard to find time to both write and workout, but I'm not exactly a focused writer in the evenings, so if that means I go for a workout first then that's what I'll do!  I need to focus on change to get results -- not the other way around... I can't just keep looking at the results that I want and expect change... that's not how it works!

Which means that even if its cold out I need to WORK OUT.  Take that, Winter.  I'm going to own you.

1 comment:

  1. How about apple with some walnuts or almonds.. I usually have lowfat cheese (probably a no-no on the Paleo right?) but carb/fiber/protein combo like that might help span the gap?
    SeattleSims

    ReplyDelete