15 November 2011

I Hate Stress

It's no secret: I hate stress.  I think most people probably do.  Right now, I'm under immense pressure at my job.  And on top of that pressure is even more pressure, because I know that in just a few short weeks I'll be holding down the fort at work pretty much all by my lonesome.

And then there's Nanowrimo, which I was participating in, on top of my rigorous fitness routine.  Nano has slipped and is beyond my grasp - writing should be fun - so all I have left is my fitness and my stress from work.

Fortunately, the fitness pretty much takes care of the stress, but I don't have much room for anything else right now that requires cognitive thought.

Anyway, I was supposed to post my weigh in on Sunday.  I'll tell you what: I lost 1 pound. Yay! I'm happy about that, even though I wish it were more.  I'll take it.  I feel stronger than ever.

I'm still considering switching my weigh ins to Wednesday.  We'll see. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow and see where I'm at and maybe I'll have a Weigh In Wednesday and just a Sunday check in. who knows.

My hike last weekend - on Saturday - was INTENSE.  The BF and I did Sunrise Peak for the first time.  It's 2 miles of zig-zaggy, uphill, rocky trail.  After that it evens out a bit, and the trail declines for about another 2 miles before meeting up with a few other trails.  I'd like to do the whole 8 miles (4 miles out and 4 miles back) but it will have to be on a day I go by myself or the BF doesn't work, because that's a really rigorous hike!

The people on the trail were really friendly, though.  One lady seemed to know almost everyone there! It was a lot of fun and definitely my new favorite hike - very challenging and new.

Other than that, this week I'm going to miss one boot camp because of the mega stress I'm feeling right now.  I'm taking the night to meditate and not do anything that involves much thought.  Thursday I'll still attend Katie's Fit Life.  Next week is all-cardio and hiking.  I want to go hiking 3 days next week since I have a 4 day weekend.  I think that would be so killer!

Then it's back to the routine -- 2 boot camps + cardio until late December (when I run out of boot camps).

Also, my BFF and I bought our tickets to Europe for next May, so the trip is officially on! We're super excited.  It also means I need to get my butt in gear and drop some pounds so I can be as fit as possible for the trip! Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment