24 October 2011

Yes, I've been MIA

I don't have my numbers for the last 4 or so days.  I wish I could say that I do, but I don't.  I wasn't bad food wise, but I was really bad recording wise.  I was very busy at work on Thursday and Friday, Saturday I was busy with domestic things and Sunday I was just plain lazy.

Actually, I wasn't THAT lazy, I was doing NaNoWriMo stuff, I just didn't work out or record anything like I know I should have.

I have been, however, reading a book called the Paleo Diet by Robb Wolf.  I think I'm going to try to implement it in November.  yes, I know I have a lot of stuff going on, but I'm curious about how it works, I'm going to finish reading the book this week, and I don't want to wait until December to implement the program.  If I like it and it works then I'll see about implementing it full time.

It's a really interesting read, if nothing else.  It talks about how ancient man ate and the science behind it, and how we eat now, how different it is, and how bad it is for you.  I get that a lot of the things available to us today are .... less than ideal, but I'm not sure 100% about this eating program.  We'll see.  I can't say it doesn't work unless I try it, so I'm willing to give it a shot.  I'm not exactly hooked on complex carbs, though I do love legumes and beans!

Either way, it will be an interesting experience.  I know I need more protein in my diet so this can only help, and for me, the eating part is the part I struggle with.  Who knows, maybe this will work for me.  According to the author, this is how we should be eating anyway - how our bodies were designed to eat.  Again I say: We shall see.

I am cautiously optimistic.  I know my boyfriend will be extra pleased about me eating more protein - he loves protein and constantly tells me I don't eat enough of it. haha.

In other news, I learned some good stretches for the backs of my thighs - they pretty much turn me into a human pretzel but they're good.  I'm still doing boot camps.  I didn't lose any weight last week, I maintained, so I know I won't reach my goal for this month, but I feel as though I look slimmer, and my pants are fitting a little better.  I'm pretty sure I lost some inches rather than weight - which just means that I'm putting on muscle and removing fat, all of which I'm OK with.

My thigh muscles are looking BOMB, too.  I can flex them and actually see them - I've got some killer thigh muscles.  It must be all those squats I've been doing at the boot camps.... =D  Doing both boot camps is definitely challenging, though.  I've got plenty of energy for Rock Star on Tuesday's but by the time Thursday rolls around I'm dead in the water for Katie's.  I need to find something to do on Wednesday so I'm not mummified by the time Thursday rolls around.

I'll work on it and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment