28 October 2011

Note To Self: Less is More & Pilates = Death!

So yesterday I went to Katie's Fit Life Boot camp and HOLY MOTHER OF PANCAKES!  She did her Yoga & Pilates night which I guess she does once a month but hasn't done in like 3 and MAN it was so hard!  Within 5 minutes my calves, thighs, knees and butt were all burning.  BURNING.  I'm not talking a little tiny bit of prickly pain. I mean they were on FIRE.  By the time we got to the ab portion, I was so spent.  My abs, I have discovered, have been sorely ignored, and I found this section the most challenging as I was having trouble remembering to breathe because my abs hurt so bad!

But I just have to remember:



It will all be worth it.  I checked the scale this morning, tho, and so far I haven't lost any weight.  I was at 194 and now I'm back up to 196.  I know weight fluctuates every single day and I'm not freaking out about it.  I need to do more cardio, is what I need to do. I've been ignoring it, which isn't cool.  I think one of my November Goals will be to run at least once a week and hike at least once a week.

So I mentioned this whole Paleo thing, I think, right?  Well, I've been slowly starting to switch over this week, incorporating more proteins and veggie's and less dairy and processed carbs and grains.  I love cheese, so this will be tough, but not THAT tough.  Not impossible.  I've joined a few Paleo message boards and it turns out Coconut milk is a good substitute for cream in your coffee, and I LOVE coconut milk so that won't be a problem.  I pretty much love coconut period. Even coconut oil

Have you ever purchased coconut oil?  It looks like this (in case you're wondering):
It's AMAZING! The serving size is 1 Tablespoon but HOLY CRAP, that's a lot.  I thought to myself, "self, 1 T is way too much. Just use 1 teaspoon, that's probably not going to be enough but you can just try it and see."  So I put 1 teaspoon on the pan and it didn't seem like much, but then it melted. 1 tsp is WAY too much.  Next time I'll use half or a quarter of a teaspoon!  It was really good, though.  It had a nice, mild flavor and didn't feel greasy like EVOO does when I cook with it.  Plus it doesn't need to be refrigerated after opening. BONUS.

Also, I purchased a juicer from Amazong. THIS ONE.  ITS AMAZING! I know, I'm using a lot of caps and exclamation marks today, but I'm excited! I juiced a few oranges and a grapefruit last night and it's so much fun!  It's a great juicer! I love it!

Anyway, tonight I'm going to run a few errands and go for a walk, tomorrow I'll pick up my basket very early and hit the grocery stores and gas station.  I'll finish cleaning out my fridge and cook a bunch of stuff.  Sunday I'm going for a killer hike with my BF and making Crock Pot Pork Loin!

No comments:

Post a Comment