31 October 2011

It's Going to be a Bumpy Ride.

Well, it's going to be a crazy week. A crazy month, really, but let's just start with this week, OK?

I have 2 boot-camps scheduled for this week (as I have for the last few months).  Rock Star on Tuesday and Katie's Fit Life on Thursday.  Both bootcamps are a great workout.  On top of that, I have some cardio scheduled for pretty much every day this week.  I want to go for a hike on Saturday, and I have to go for a run one day this week.  Probably tonight.

As if that weren't enough, this is my first week of strict Paleo.  So far (and it's only been 1 full day) I've noticed that I'm definitely feeling fuller after meals.  I am still having snacks, but they're keeping me fuller longer, too.  I'm adding protein to them, and that's helping.

For breakfast this morning I had 2 scrambled eggs with onion, 2 Tb salsa, a banana and 1/2 a Bison burger.  Oh yeah, I made Bison Burger's yesterday.  That was my big surprise for my boyfriend, who wanted to try Bison burgers at a restaurant but found them too expensive.  He really liked them and so did I!  And after reading Runner's World later that day, it turns out that Bison is the perfect post-workout meal. Who'da thunk?

I also made crock-pot pork loin with cauliflower and zucchini yesterday.  I got up early, pre-hike, and set up the crock pot.  It turned out REALLY good.  I've never had pork that I've liked before, because it's always been too dry for me, but this... oh man.  This was amazing.  I'm really rather impressed with myself.  And now I have pork loin for weeks.  I froze a bunch of it and I have a bunch in the fridge for this week.

To top it all off, this week Nanowrimo starts.  Yeah. So on top of a strict eating regime, and a dedicated fitness regime, I add a crazy, balls-to-the-walls writing routine.

But it's all good - I'm feeling great and I'm excited!  The ride may be bumpy, but it will be so worth it.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment