10 October 2011

Excellent Weekend

Here are my totals for yesterday:
Calories burned: 2912
Calories consumed: 1316
Deficit: 1596
Nutrition: Protein - 20%  Carbs - 47%  Fat - 33% 
Steps: 12,793
Physical Activity: 1 hour 36 minutes
 
Another great day to round off the weekend.  Last night I made Butternut Squash Spiced Soup - which turned out to be REALLY spicy.  It's a crockpot recipe - I just LOVE my crockpot.  It's really easy.
 
Butternut Squash Spiced Soup
2 lbs cubed, peeled butternut squash
1 apple, cubed
1 onion, diced
5 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium) or veggie stock
1 T curry powder or ginger
1 tsp cloves
2 cups apple cider

Put the squash, apple and onion in the crockpot.  In a separate bowl whisk together the curry powder or ginger (I used ginger), cloves and chicken broth or veggie stock (I used chicken broth).  Add the liquid to the crockpot and cook on low for 5.5 hours.

When it's done cooking, add apple cider, then process it in the blender until smooth.  
Makes 6 - 8 servings.  

Nutrition per serving (based on 6 servings):
About 2 cups
146 calories
.3 g fat
33g carbs
5g protein
 
It ended up being a lot thinner than I expected... I was expecting a thick soup .... like tomato.  Next time I think I'll use the whole squash (I have about 2 pounds left), no onion and only 4 cups of chicken broth.  Maybe only 1 cup of apple cider, too.  It was thin before I added the apple cider.  I also think I'll eliminate the spicy element.  I would prefer a more mild soup.

It was definitely filling though!  It snuck up on me.  Because it was so thin, I gobbled it down and then about 10 minutes later I was SO FULL!  Definitely a good feeling.

So I kicked ass last weekend, unfortunately this weekend I won't have as many opportunities.  I'm going to a wedding in Vegas, which means a long car ride Friday night, then a somewhat long car ride Saturday morning, then a lot of sitting at the wedding, then a semi long car ride back Saturday evening, then a long car ride home Sunday morning.  I'm going to be late for my weigh in but at least there isn't a reception.  At least, I don't think there is.  I'm thinking of doing my workout early Friday morning, but that would require that I get up at 4 am.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Especially since it will be the morning after a hearty boot-camp. hmm. decisions.  I could most likely do something Saturday morning or evening, and Sunday my only option will be in the afternoon.

Anyway, I'm just going to burn as many calories as I can this week to make up for my crazy weekend ahead. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment