22 September 2011

What, No Taco Salad?

Before I get started...
Here are my totals for yesterday:
Calories burned: 2095
Calories consumed: 1210
Deficit: 885
Nutrition: Protein - 18%  Carbs - 43%  Fat - 39%
Steps:3,594
Physical Activity: 16 minutes
Again, not my best. Again, I was sick. I still managed to be a little over 100 calories short of my deficit, though, which isn't too bad, though I burned next to nothing, which is really sad for me.  I love physical activity.

Anyway, I slept most of the day. Caught up on The Office and Bones, too, so that was nice.

Today I'm jumping back into my workout plan, which is strength training and cardio.  I'll take it a little easy, since I'm still feeling sick PLUS I have seasonal allergies. yippee....

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places."

Also, I have my first temptation this weekend.  My boyfriends friend invited us out to dinner on Saturday night.  I figured wherever they picked there would be at least one healthy option, or some way I could modify something to be healthy, because that's your typical restaurant, right?

Boy, was I wrong.  Yesterday evening he informed me we're going to "America's Taco Shop".  You can view a pdf of the menu here.  There isn't a single healthy thing on that menu!  It's all loaded with guacamole and cheese and sour cream and mayo!  In fact, the only item that is remotely healthy is the Ceviche, except it has "salsa guacamaya", which I imagine is some combination of mayo and guacamole and peppers.

I'm going to have to ask what the salsa guacamaya is.  Actually, I'm going to look it up online right now! [fevered google searching] Ah, ok.  Guacamaya appears to be a specific brand of hot sauce favored in mexico.  I can deal with that, hot sauce is pretty delish, after all.  Ok, so it's looking like the Ceviche is going to be my only option. They don't have nutritional information, unfortunately.

"He conquers who endures."  ~Persius

Anyway, that will be a bit of a challenge, since I love all things Mexican food - tacos, enchiladas and burritos, oh my!  I'm just going to stick with it and hopefully lose at least 1 pound this week, despite being sick.

Keep it up!

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."  ~Newt Gingrich

No comments:

Post a Comment